In advance of your surgery, please log onto our Pre-Admission Registration site by simply clicking on the underlined link. Please complete as directed any medical history and medication reconciliation questions. This will allow us to collect all information pertinent to your health and any medical conditions prior to surgery so we may provide you the best care possible.
For any questions concerning your Pre-Registration please contact us at 321-729-9493.
A Pre-Admission Health History Nurse will call you prior to your surgery to collect any additional information or clarification on any health conditions listed.
A Pre-Admission Nurse will contact you the day before your surgery, review special instructions, provide necessary arrival time for your procedure and answer any questions you may have. If you have not received a call by 4:30 p.m. the day before your surgery or have additional questions please contact us at 321-729-9493.
It is important for you to follow these guidelines before surgery to prevent delay or cancellations.
Return to Top
Food and Drink
Do not eat food or drink after midnight the night before your surgery. This also includes gum, hard candies, mints or lozenges.
Do not drink alcohol for at least 12 hours before your arrival.
No smoking after midnight the night before your surgery.
Makeup, Nail Polish, Jewelry (including body jewelry, any rings, etc)
Please remove all these items before surgery.
Wear loose, casual, comfortable clothing to fit over dressings.
Please leave valuables at home with exception of your picture ID, Insurance Cards and any copay/deductible/coinsurance due at the time of service.
Return to Top
Notify The Center & Your Surgeon If:
- You have an elevated temperature, cough, cold, vomiting or diarrhea between your last visit to the surgeon and the day of your surgery.
- You suspect you may be pregnant.
- You are taking: diet pills, aspirin, ibuprofen, or certain herbal medicines. You may need to stop taking these 1-2 weeks before your surgery. You can discuss this with your surgeon.
What You Need The Day Of The Surgery:
- Information To Bring: Insurance cards, photo ID, Medicare or Medical Assistance information, numbers and addresses.
- Driver: You must plan to have someone drive you home over the age of 18. Do not plan to use taxis or other public transportation unless a family member accompanies.
- Escort: A friend, relative or dedicated caregiver MUST stay with you for 24 hours.
- Legal Guardian: A legal guardian must be in the center AT ALL TIMES for children and dependent adults.
- Care For Children: If you have young children at home for whom you normally care for, plan for someone else to care for them for at least the first 24 hours following your surgery.
- Interpreter: If the patient cannot read, speak English or uses sign language, an interpreter is required. If you need assistance arranging for an interpreter, please contact the Pre-Admission department at 321-729-9493 as soon as possible. Interpretation Services can be acquired at no charge as needed.
Return to Top